In Divorce Mediation, I act as a neutral third party facilitating discussions between you and your spouse about each of the issues of your divorce. I will act as your resource for the legal aspects of your divorce. I will guide you both through the legal process and help you make your own decisions based on your established goals and sense of fairness. I will prepare all of the necessary legal paperwork and manage the legal process for your every step of the way. I have access to a number of highly skilled mental health professionals and financial experts to bring into the mediation process on an as-needed basis. I evaluate each case to determine whether the incorporation of such additional professionals will be beneficial to the process.
Is Divorce Mediation Right for Me?
Divorce mediation is a good option for most people. It is especially helpful and appropriate for couples who want to:
- Save time
- Save money
- Protect their children from the animosity of a traditional divorce
- Communicate with each other, now and in the future, about how to best raise their children
- Keep their finances and personal issues confidential
- Maintain control over the divorce process
How Does Divorce Mediation Work?
In Divorce Mediation, you and your spouse sit down with me to gather all of the necessary information and discuss it. You will be given the opportunity to examine and articulate your goals for yourself and your family. I will then guide you to find fair and workable solutions to all of the parenting and financial issues that need to be decided based upon your stated goals. We will work together to craft an agreement that meets the needs of the entire family.
Why is Divorce Mediation Beneficial?
Divorce mediation has a number of advantages over the traditional adversarial divorce:
- You make all of the decisions based on your sense of fairness and the needs of your family.
- You and your spouse communicate with each other directly instead of through your attorneys.
- Divorce mediation is confidential. Your personal and financial issues are not discussed in open court.
- You will save time and money. Divorce mediation is efficient and effective.
- The legal, financial and emotional issues of divorce are all addressed with mediator support.